Friday 1 February 2013

This music...

Joining in with Soulemama again, but this week with a 'This music' instead of  'This moment'. The song I've been playing this week and replaying!

I love Bon Iver but L calls this type of music my 'whiny folky stuff' and so I have to listen to it (very loudly) in my car on my drive to work where no-one can complain about it or my singing.

Wikipedia describes Bon Iver as, "a Grammy award-winning American indie folk band" which is an awful lot of adjectives, don't you think!  Lots of people know the name Bon Iver through the Birdy cover of 'Skinny Love' but for me their best music is to be found on their second album and 'Perth' is one of my all-time favourites and definitely a desert-island disc. It's pretty impossible to describe this track; all I can say is for me it conjures up a mellow winter mood - perfect for a Friday afternoon and a little downtime.


1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing your musical moment with us.

    http://tc-twistedfairytale.blogspot.ca/2013/02/this-moment-reflections-and-shadows.html

    ReplyDelete