Wednesday 3 July 2013

Down to the cove we go...


We are very fortunate to have a hidden gem just a short walk from our doorstep and it's come to be one of our favourite places. Follow the cliffside path and go through the smugglers tunnel and there is the magical cove. Fishing boats bob in the harbour and the little sandy beach is perfect for searching for treasure - a pretty shell, a piece of sea-tumbled glass or some gnarled driftwood perhaps. 


Once we have finished our treasure hunt we like to climb the harbour steps and sit on the wall, the sun warming our backs, looking out to sea. 


Can you find me?

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow. That really is beautiful. What a fantastic place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, you are very lucky to live in such a beautiful spot! Do you get much wildlife there - seals etc? Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do get lots of wildlife, Julie. I don't know all my birds not being much of a twitcher myself but I believe you can see razorbills, gannets and guilemots and I've spotted a grey seal in the harbour from time to time. A friend took some video of a porpoise too.

      Delete
  3. What an amazing place. I love that you go through a tunnel to reach it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can seeee you! Looks like a beautiful, peaceful place. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very good at hiding! It is a peaceful place and I'm hoping to spend some time there this holiday weekend. Helen

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous place. So lucky to have that close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful.Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful place, I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and perfect! Found you in the right side or is that really you =P #TheGallery

    ReplyDelete